The Ford Family Foundation Residency For Oregon Visual Artists
APPLICATION DEADLINE: the next deadline is March 15, 2017 for residencies in 2018.
RESIDENCY AWARD: Those selected are offered studio and living space, all meals and transportation from and to the San Francisco International Airport. Artists will be reimbursed for the cost of air travel and shipping of materials.
ELIGIBILITY: Recipients of the residency and other program resources must meet the following criteria:
- be a practicing visual artist or media artist currently producing works of art
- be a full-time resident of Oregon for at least 36 months prior to the application deadline and remain a resident through the duration of the grant period;
- maintain Oregon as your primary residence if you participate in an out-of-state residency program or you will not qualify;
- be 30 years of age or older at the time of application;
- evidence, through appropriate documentation, a sustained level of commitment to your medium with seven (7) or more years of active professional practice, and not be enrolled in a degree-seeking program, either part-time or full-time at the time of application or during the residency.
ADMISSIONS: Residents are chosen by a panel of professionals in the arts. Final awards of residencies are at the discretion of the Djerassi Program.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please use the APPLY button on the left. Apply by using the Visual Arts or Media Arts application depending on your work and then select The Ford Family Foundation Residency option on the application form. Reference letters are not required.
Please email Judy Freeland, Residency Coordinator with questions regarding the application process.