Office and Operations Manager
The Office and Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office. They will work closely with the Executive Director to help improve the organization’s infrastructure and process to ensure the sustainability and success of the organization.
This position will be full time and in-person at 2325 Bear Gulch Rd. Woodside, CA 94062.
Salary: 60k-70k, depending on experience
The Djerassi Resident Artists Program is the largest artist residency program in the Western United States, hosting international artists for month-long stays on its 583-acre ranch in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
The Program’s mission is to support and enhance the creativity of artists by providing uninterrupted time for work, reflection, and collegial interaction in a setting of exceptional natural beauty, and to preserve the land on which it is situated. The organization strives to provide the best possible residency experience for artists of superior talent from a diverse range of backgrounds and geographical locations.
How To Apply
Send an email with the Subject line “Office and Operations Manager Role” to email@example.com, including your resume that explains your relevant experience and skills and a statement of interest.
Responsibilities of the Office and Operations Manager include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the point person for office duties including:
- Receiving/distributing USPS mail and packages
- Sourcing and ordering office supplies
- Processing/submitting bills and invoices
- Running errands for the Program
- Responding to Program email
- Organize shared drive
- Schedule meetings
- Manage the shared office calendar
- Organize the office layout
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Review efficiency of office operations and procedures
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers
- Provide general support to visitors
- Administrate software applications
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Liaise with facility management and vendors
- Maintain website
- Routinely update donation records and constituent database
- Analyze and improve procedures as well as organizational infrastructure
- Develop and implement operational strategies and plans
- Assist in event planning
- Assist with grant writing
- Correspond with Djerassi contacts
- Support events – before and day of the event
We have instated a range of Covid-19 safety protocols, including a vaccine requirement for staff and artists and other policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our organization strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment for individuals who reflect a broad spectrum of identities, including but not limited to gender, racial, ethnic, and social-economic dimensions. We aim to maintain and develop a working environment where individuals are welcome to express their affiliations, advocacy, associations, and appearance freely. We believe that the inclusion of diverse perspectives is essential to achieving our long-term vision and mission. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented to apply. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, and you would like to self-identify, you are encouraged to do so in your cover letter or elsewhere in your application —this is optional and not required.